While at a garden show last summer, I came across a stand for 'Buglife' a charity devoted to the conservation of invertebrates. They had a DIY bug house made a drainpipe inserted with hollow stems. I had been meaning to sort out a bughouse so I picked up a leaflet. I didn't get round to it for ages then decided it was too late to place it so it stayed in a cupboard.
I noticed that some of the stems (which I gathered from around the garden) had been sealed up.I hoped something was having a comfortable winter. I remember that one of the ladybirds I found matched the description of this one. I hope its the same one. I will be making another bughouse later in the year but I will hang it before the bad weather arrives.
Flowers in the Home Monday finally opened midweek. The flowers are hanging down with the weight of the petals. I wondered if one of the blooms would float in the round 'goldfish' bowl. I think it looks great.