Sunday 17 April 2011

Borrowed views

One of the advantages of living on a hill (even in a suburb) are the views. We are not overlooked so one of the best views is the sky. This is from my kitchen door.


This photograph shows the different trees I can see from the kitchen. This view is glorious in autumn.

To the left is an apple tree

Back to my garden. Everything is growing quite fast now. 

Chaenomeles speciosa 'Geisha Girl'
This Chaenomeles is one of the first shrubs I planted. I picked a sprig for a vase.


Viburnum plictatum 'Grandiflorum'

I like the way the buds of this viburnum start green then turn a creamy white as they open. Nice textured leaves too.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Isn't it great that finally spring is really around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina

    It's so warm now it's more like summer.

    ReplyDelete