Monday 31 October 2011

Flowers in the House

Jane is kindly hosting Flowers in the House.

Euporatium rugosa  'Chocolate'
I moved this dark leaved Euporatium in the Spring. I had planted it close to the house and it did not seem happy. It has only been moved a few feet but it has made a huge difference as it's new home is damper. I haven't been able to pick it for a vase before as there have only been one or two flowers.

Scented leaf Pelargoniums
These Pelargoniums have been in the garden all summer. They are not hardy so I have moved them to the sunny warm porch. I lost the ones I had last year which I kept in the garage.



Three weeks ago I wrote about preserving leaves in glycerine. The leaves are now a lovely chocolate colour and I am especially pleased with the berries.

 I'm not sure how to display them yet although I am thinking about a terracotta pot.


A new purchase from a charity shop. I think summery alchemilla and roses will look good in it next year.

7 comments:

  1. The pinks vase is gorgeous you're right roses would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The preserved leaves are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the berries Gill,
    actually I love everything!!

    Lovely blog, I'm off now to have a proper read of it.

    Hope you are having a good Monday


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Your berries are smashing and chocolate eupatorium is a favorite of mine.

    Thanks for joining in and don't be too spooked tonight:)

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gill, thankyou so much for popping in and leaving lovely comments. Your flowers are lovely, especially the preserved ones. I have been doing a little of that myself, it's very satisfying isn't it? Love Linda x Oh I nearly forgot, your header is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a delicate treat visiting you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous Fall bouquets!

    ReplyDelete