The seeds I sowed on 22 July have all come up, I pricked them out. I've sown more seeds:
- Scabious border mixed
- Centaurea dealbata, a perennial cornflower
- Nigella papilllosa 'Musical Prelude', this has blue and white flowers. I don't normally like more than one colour in a pack but I thought these would be ok.
- Catanache caerula
- Ammi Majus 'Queen of Africa'
- Cenolophium denudatum, a cow parsley type flower
- Aquilegia vulgaris 'Ruby Port'
- Aguilegia clematiflora 'Green Apples'
|Jug of garden flowers|
The Sweet Peas are covered in greenfly. Fortunately this little chap and his five friends are munching on them.
|Ladybird on sweet pea|
The seedlings I dug up at from the Environmental Centre have turned out to be Lemon Balm not Mint. I am pleased about this but have discovered that it is as thuggish as Mint. I am not sure where it is going to be planted. I will dig up some mint next time I go.
|Echinacea purpurea 'Magnus'|
|Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle' in late summer|
|Hydrangea arborescens 'Annabelle' in winter|
As plants go over, I am collecting seed heads for winter. I have poppies, nigella and echinops hanging up in the garage.