Sunday 7 August 2011

Early August

It has been very summery recently with warm sunshine.  A few humid days and nights too.

One of my favourite grasses is Deschampia flexuosa 'Tatra Gold'. It reminds me of a cloud of silk especially with the sun shining through it. This clump is growing under the Acer....


...I also have this clump amongst the white Astrantia, a combination I am very fond of.


Whilst pegging out the washing I noticed these ladybirds on the Achillea next to the washing line. There are 6 in this picture I counted another 12 of their friends.


I wish they had found their way to my Larkspur. After investigation I think they may have suffered a virus carried by the blue-green aphids I found all over them. I had to pull all of them out. I rescued as many of the flowers I could, they are now drying ready for  my pot pourri type mixes.


I have also had to dig out my once lovely Viburnum plictutm 'Grandiflora'. It used to fill the whole of the space in the photograph below. I am undecided what to do - try some vegetables or more cut flowers. What do you think?

On a brighter note, I have had plants appear that I have not grown for at least a couple of years. This Snapdragon is one. I shall be saving seed as I really like it.


Mixed flowers in a jug

























4 comments:

  1. Such pretty flowers. I am really, truly jealous of your English summers - less heat and humidity and way more pretty flowers. Gotta find a way to grow a better cutting garden next year. Just gotta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely walk round your garden, thanks for sharing... and I really like your sweet pea banner! Jane Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely garden, and I'm especially fond of your header.

    I am losing tree and shrub one after another another. Like Webb,my garden has suffered immensely.

    Thank God they'll always be an England.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeg kom lige forbi din blog.
    Gode billeder.
    Mange smukke blomster.
    Tak for kigget.

    ReplyDelete