Sunday 11 July 2010

Cut flowers

I'm pleased with both these jugs of flowers. The first one is from my own garden. The hot dry weather seems to have slowed down the flowering of some plants but I gathered enough for this one.

This photograph was taken in the garden where I am a volunteer. There were no flowers here so we sowed hardy annuals to provide colour over the summer months.  I haven't been able to visit for three weeks, I was really pleased to see them doing so well.
The Ammi came from the seeds I sowed for my own garden, I will look through the seed box at the centre for the varieties of the other flowers which include Calendula (Marigolds) Cornflowers and Candytuft. The foliage is mint.We sowed them straight into the ground with the intention of transplanting them elsewhere in the garden, but some died so we left them where they were.

6 comments:

  1. Both bouquets are so pretty. Must have good soil - those annuals are exuberant.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely jugs of flowers, both so different and so pretty. Ammi makes such a great cut flower doesn't it.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Beautiful bouquets and lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,
    I like your bouquets.
    Do your Sweetpeas have a good strong scent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your comments.

    Jo, all the sweet peas have a good scent. I read the descriptions of the flowers before I decide which ones to grow. I couldn't grow Sweet Peas that weren't scented.

    ReplyDelete